My research focus is mainly on the synthesis of inorganic layered materials and their applications in a number of areas including catalysis (as solid base catalysts), drug delivery (as targeted drug delivery agents as well as masking agents), cosmetics and environmental remediation.
1. Limbikani Matumba, Christof Van Poucke, Timothy Biswick, Maurice Monjerezi, Jonas Mwatseteza, Sarah De Saeger. 'Evaluation of the bright greenish yellow fluorescence (BGYF) test as a screening technique for aflatoxin contaminated maize in Malawi'. World Mycotoxin Journal (Accepted).
2. Timothy Biswick, Dae-Hwan Park, Jin-Ho Choy 'Comparative Study of the release Profiles and Antioxidant Activities of Zinc Basic Salt- Phenolic Acid Nanohybrids' Nanotechnology in the Edge of Convergence (Accepted)
3. Timothy Biswick, Dae-Hwan Park, Jin-Ho Choy, 'Enhancing the UV A1 screening ability of caffeic acid by encapsulation in layered basic zinc hydroxide matrix'. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, (2012)
4. T. Biswick, Dae-Hwan Park, Yong-Gun Shul, Seong-Ju Hwang, Jin-Ho Choy, 'UV screening of ferulic acid-zinc basic salt nanohybrid with controlled release rate' Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 11(1), 413-416 (2011)
5. T. Biswick, 'p-coumaric acid-zinc basic salt nanohybrid for controlled release and sustained antioxidant activity'. Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, 71, 647-649 (2010)
6. Jae-Min Oh, T. Biswick and Jin-Ho Choy, Layered nanomaterials for green materials', Journal of Materials Chemistry, 19: 2553 (2009)
7. T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacula, E. Serwicka and J. Podobinski, 'Evidence for the formation of anhydrous zinc acetate and acetic anhydride during the thermal degradation of zinc hydroxy acetate, Zn5(OH)8(CH3CO2)2.4H2O to ZnO', Solid State Sciences 11: 330-335 (2009)
8. S. Mitchell, T. Biswick, W. Jones, G. R. Williams and D. O'Hare, 'A study of the hydrothermal reaction of MgO and Al2O3 slurries using synchrotron radiation'. Green Chemistry 9(4): 373-378 (2007)
9. T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacula, E. Serwicka and J. Podobinski, 'The role of anhydrous zinc nitrate in the thermal decomposition of zinc hydroxide nitrates'. Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 180(4): 1171-1179 (2007)
10. T. Biswick, 'Studies on the structure and properties of hydroxy double salts' PhD Thesis, University of Cambridge, 2006
11. T. Biswick, W. Jones, A. Pacula and E. Serwicka, 'Synthesis, characterisation and anion exchange properties of copper, magnesium, zinc and nickel hydroxy nitrates'. Journal of Solid State Chemistry, 179(1): 49-55 (2006)