Professor, PhD, Group Leader of DNL1601
State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Dalian Laboratory for Clean Energy, Dalian 116023, China.
致力于半导体光（电）催化太阳能转化过程中新材料、新催化反应过程、新制备方法等方向的研究。已在Journal of the American Chemical Society, Angewandte Chemie International Edition, Energy & Environmental Science，Nature Communication, Advanced Energy Materials, Journal of Catalysis等学术期刊发表论文50余篇，受邀撰写学术专著3个章节。研究结果多次被C&E NEWS、Chemistryviews等国外媒体高度评价，论文总引用3000余次。作为课题负责人承担和参与中组部“青年千人”人才计划项目、科技部重点研发计划项目、国家自然科学基金面上项目、大连化物所“百人计划”项目等。曾获中国科学院院长优秀奖、郭燮贤奖学金等荣誉。已同澳大利亚、丹麦相关领域的科学家建立了实质性合作关系。
Investigate the fundamental issues related with the conversion of solar energy into chemical energy during photoelectrochemical, photocatalytic, and PV-electrocatalytic processes. Explore the possibility of commercializing the as-obtained lab-based results. At present, three research fields are focused:
1. Development of coupled system for the conversion, storage, and utilization of solar energy, such as the photoelectrochemical-chemical loop reaction system for the simultaneous remediation of waste (such as H2S) and the production of useful chemicals; the natural-artificial hybrid photosynthetic system..
2. Engineering of photoelectrode towards efficient charge transportation and solar fuel production.
3. PV-electrocatalytic splitting of water to produce hydrogen fuel.
Work and Education experience:
Professor/Associate Professor—–05/2014-present, State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Dalian Laboratory for Clean Energy.
Postdoctoral Research fellow——01/2010-04/2014, ARC Center of Excellence Functional Nanomaterials, Australia Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN), The University of Queensland, Australia.
PhD in Physical Chemistry——09/2004-10/2009, State Key Laboratory of Catalysis, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese of Academy of Sciences, P. R. China.
2016: Recipient of “Zhangdayu Young Scholar”
2015: Recipient of “Thousand Youth Talents” Project of China
2014: Recipient of “Hundred Talent” Project of DICP
2010: Excellent Prize of President Scholarship Chinese Academy of Sciences
2010: Excellent Graduated Student of Chinese Academy of Sciences
2010: Excellent Graduated Student of Liaoning Province
2009: First award for Scientific Paper of Nature Science of Liaoning Province
2009: Xiexian Guo Scholarship
1. Zong X, Can Li, Photocatalytic water splitting on metal oxide-based semiconductor photocatalysts, in Metal Oxides in heterogeneous catalysis, Elsevier, Editor: Jacques C. Vedrine, 2018.1.10.
2. Zong X, Lu G Q, Wang L Z. Nanomaterials for water splitting, in Nano-Catalysis: Synthesis and Applications, Wiley Publisher, Editors: Vivek Polshettiwar and Tewodros Asefa, 2013.9.13
3. Zong X, Lu G Q, Wang L Z. Non-metal Doping in TiO2 towards Visible Light-induced Photocatalysis, in The Handbook of Environmental Chemistry: Environmental Photochemistry Part III, Springer Publisher, Editors: D. Bahnemann and P. Robertson, 2013.12.12 .
1. Wang H, Wang X M, Chen R T, Zhang H F, Wang X L, Wang J H, Zhang J, Mu L C, Wu K F, Fan F T, Zong X*, Li C*, ACS Energy Letters, 2019, 4:40-47.
2. Ma W G, Wang H, Yu W, Wang X M, Xu Z Q, Zong X*, Li C*. Achieving Simultaneous CO2 and H2S Conversion via a Coupled Solar-driven Electrochemical Approach on Non-precious Catalysts. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57: 3473 –3477.
3. Wang X M, Ma W G, Xu Z Q, Wang H, Fan W J, Zong X*, Li C*, Metal Phosphide Catalysts Anchored on Metal-caged Graphitic Carbon towards Efficient and Durable Hydrogen Evolution Electrocatalysis, Nano Energy, 2018, 48: 500-509.
4. Zhang H F, Yang Z, Yu W, Wang H, Ma W G, Zong X*, Li C*, A Sandwich-like Organolead Halide Perovskite Photocathode for Efficient and Durable Photoelectrochemical Hydrogen Evolution in Water Adv. Energy. Mater. 2018:1800795.
5. Wang X M, Wang H, Zhang H F, Yu W, Wang X L, Zhao Y, Zong X*, Li C*. Dynamic Interaction between Methylammonium Lead Iodide and TiO2 Nanocrystals Leads to Enhanced Photocatalytic H2 Evolution from HI Splitting, ACS Energy Letters, 2018, 3: 1159−1164.
6. Wang X M, Ma W G, Ding C M, Xu Z Q, Wang H, Zong X*, Li C*. Amorphous Multi-elements Electrocatalysts with Tunable Bifunctionality toward Overall Water Splitting, ACS Catal., 2018, 8 (11): 9926–9935.
7. Wang W Y, Wang H, Zhu Q Y, Qin W, Han G Y, Shen J R, Zong X*, Li C*. Spatially Separated Photosystem II and a Silicon Photoelectrochemical Cell for Overall Water Splitting: A Natural–Artificial Photosynthetic Hybrid. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55: 9229–9233.
8. Wang Z L, Han J F, Li Z, Li M R, Wang H, Zong X*, Li C*. Moisture-Assisted Preparation of Compact GaN:ZnO Photoanode Toward Efficient Photoelectrochemical Water Oxidation. Adv. Energy. Mater. 2016, 6, 1600864.
9. Liao SC, Zong X, Seger B, Pedersen T, Yao T T, Ding C M, Shi J Y, Chen J, Li C, Integrating a dual-silicon photoelectrochemical cell into a redox flow battery for unassisted photocharging. Nat. Commun. 2016, 7, 11474.
10. Ma W G, Han J F, Yu W, Yang D, Wang H, Zong X*, Li C*. Integrating Perovskite Photovoltaics and Noble-Metal-Free Catalysts toward Efficient Solar Energy Conversion and H2S Splitting. ACS Catal. 2016, 6, 6198?6206.
11. Zong X, Han J F, Seger B, Chen H J, Lu (Max) G Q, Li C*, Wang L Z*, An Integrated Photoelectrochemical–Chemical Loop for Solar-Driven Overall Splitting of Hydrogen Sulfide. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 53: 4399-4403. (Hot paper of Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Highlighted in C&E News and Chemistryviews, et al.)
12. Zong X, Chen H J, Seger B, Pedersen T, Dargusch M S, McFarland E W, Li C,* Wang L Z*, Selective production of hydrogen peroxide and oxidation of hydrogen sulfide in an unbiased solar photoelectrochemical cell. Energy Environ. Sci. 2014, 7, 3347-3351 (Cover story)
11. Zong X, Yan H J, Wu G P, Ma G J, Wen F Y, Wang L, Li C. Enhancement of Photocatalytic H2 Evolution on CdS by Loading MoS2 as Cocatalyst under Visible Light Irradiation. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130: 7176-7177. (Highlighted in C&E News, cited by more than 1000 times)